Get a personalized quote now!
Answer a few simple questions and choose your preferred contact method to get personalized recommendations - just for you, right from our experts.
By clicking the Submit button you agree that you are providing an electronic signature expressly authorizing NASB to contact you by telephone at any of the telephone number(s) provided above using an automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice or via text/SMS message, even if the telephone number is assigned to a cellular telephone service or other service for which the called party is charged. NASB may also contact you via email using any email address you provided. This authorization overrides any previous registration on a federal, state or corporate Do Not Call Registry or any internal NASB privacy or solicitation preference you have previously expressed. You are not required to provide this authorization as a condition of purchasing any property, goods or services from NASB. As an alternative, you may call us directly at (866) 627-7119 and we will process your request over the phone.
Proud to be a Top VA Lender
Since 2010, NASB has helped more than 26,000 veterans and service member families close more than $8.2 billion in home loans. Our dedicated loan consultants are VA home loan specialists with a deep understanding of the Department of Veteran Affairs loan eligibility requirements, loan process, and customer needs. Whether it’s a purchase, refinance, or jumbo VA loan, NASB can help. Here’s why you should choose NASB:
- More than 15% of NASB’s loan officers are veterans themselves, so they understand your situation.
- NASB does not charge an origination or application fee for VA loans.1
- NASB has in-house processing and underwriting on virtually every loan to take you from application to closing faster.
- Our interest rates are competitive with all national lenders.
VA Loan Requirements
Even though you may be eligible for a mortgage based on your service, there are also certain VA Lender qualifications that must be met in order to be approved:
1. Two years of steady employment.
2. The last two years of income should be either at the same level or higher.
3. Your credit score should have less than two 30-day late payments in the last two years and show a minimum credit score of 600.
4. You must be at least two years past a Chapter 7 bankruptcy discharge date and have a qualifying credit score since the discharge.
5. If you are in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you must have satisfactorily made at least 12 months of payments and the trustee or bankruptcy judge approved the new credit.
6. Any foreclosure must be at least two years old, and you must have perfect credit following the foreclosure date.
7. Purchasing or refinancing is subject to inspection to determine the marketability and verify the current market value.
Other conditions for your mortgage may apply; all loan applications are subject to underwriting approval. Contact a NASB consultant for more information.