Loan options for higher-priced homes.
When the loan amount you need is greater than the current conforming limit set by Fannie Mae (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FHLMC), then you need what is called a jumbo loan. jumbo home loans, like conventional loans, can be a fixed-rate mortgage, VA jumbo loans, adjustable-rate mortgage or FHA loan. At NASB, we understand your needs and can assist you with securing a jumbo loan at a great rate. Our team of top mortgage professionals are committed to making sure your experience is positive and rewarding, and our 99% customers approval rating* can back up that commitment.
Jumbo Loan Guidelines and Requirements
To qualify for a jumbo loan, there are certain requirements and guidelines to consider:
- Loan amounts up to $1,250,000 with higher limits considered upon qualification
- $200,000 minimum loan amount
- 20% down payment, or 10% with mortgage insurance
- A maximum debt-to-income ratio of 43%
- Six months of principal, interest, taxes, and insurance in reserves
- Two-year seasoning required on bankruptcy, four years on short sale or foreclosure
- Full appraisal required