What are VA Jumbo Loans?
Looking to use your VA loan eligibility for a jumbo loan? A VA jumbo loan amount is any loan amount more than the current conforming limit of $417,000. While your VA loan is insured up to $417,000, you are still allowed to go over that amount if you choose, but in order to do so you are required to put a percentage of money down after the loan limit is met. North American Savings Bank (NASB) can work with your VA loan amount in order to get the most out of your jumbo VA loan. You can see our reviews here to learn more about our commitment to customer satisfaction.
How do VA Jumbo Loans Work?
First, let’s imagine a veteran purchasing a home for $479,000 in an area with a $417,000 VA loan limit. He or she would first figure the difference between $417,000 and $479,000, which is $62,000. The veteran would put down 25% of that amount, or $15,500, in addition to any closing costs associated with the VA jumbo loan.
In a different example, let’s suppose the veteran chose to use his or her VA loan to buy a home in San Francisco, CA, which has an increased VA mortgage loan limit of $625,500 due to the high-cost of the county. If the home price were $650,500, the VA jumbo loan amount would be over the county limit by $25,000. The veteran would put down 25% of the amount over the limit, or $6,250.
What are the Benefits of Applying for a VA Jumbo Loan?
Once your online VA loan application is approved, you can expect a mortgage with:
• No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) is required. This will lower your monthly payment and put more equity into your home.
• Low closing costs. NASB charges no lender fees or points to Active-Duty military personnel, Reservists and Veterans who finance or refinance with a VA home loan. Our low fees require less cash for you to close on your home.
Do you Qualify for a Jumbo VA Loan?
Our expert VA home loan team can determine if you qualify for a jumbo VA loan along with helping you obtain a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). You may be eligible if you meet one or more of the below requirements:
• Have served 90 days of active duty during wartime.
• Have served 181 continuous days of active duty during peacetime.
• Have served more than 6 years in the National Guard or Reserves.
• You are the spouse of a veteran who died during service or from a service-connected disability.
Once you have obtained your Certificate of Eligibility, you may apply for a jumbo VA home loan. Prior to any fees for a credit report and real estate appraisal, NASB will provide a “Good Faith Estimate” outlining a firm quote that includes all of our fees and lender controlled costs, as well as an accurate estimate of supplementary home loan costs including title insurance, recording fees and transfer taxes.
What Additional Benefits Does NASB Offer?
• NASB has absolutely NO origination fees on VA mortgage loans, potentially saving you thousands of dollars.
• We are a team of trusted, experienced and trained professionals. From our loan consultants to underwriting and processing, we will help you capture every benefit available to you.
• We are a direct VA home loan lender. This means we can make our own decisions and can help where others cannot.
How do I Get Started with my Jumbo VA Mortgage Loan?
Fill out the form and one of our skilled VA loan consultants will help guide you through the process and review your VA jumbo loan requirements.
Prefer the phone? No problem! Call us at 855-465-0753