The perks of “the bank next door”
There are several benefits to using a hometown bank for your financial and mortgage needs. While larger conglomerates often gain trust by having a household name, bigger is not always better.
Smaller banks are generally invested in the surrounding community, contribute to the local economy, and offer more personalized, cost-saving products. They’re convenient, friendly, and treat their customers as more than just numbers.
You’ll save time & money
Bank fees and hidden charges are hard to find at community banks. Why? Because they care about building a relationship with you and helping you achieve your goals, rather than collecting your money.
You should consider a bank who’s dedicated to simplifying your life so you can spend more time doing the things that matter. For example:
- Our Online & Mobile Banking includes convenient options like Mobile Check Deposit and Apple Pay, all of which are completely free with any checking account!*
- In addition to our complimentary 24/7 debit card fraud protection, our banking customers have unlimited access to over 24,000 surcharge-free MoneyPass ATMs.
- And, as one of the top mortgage lenders in the nation, our in-house loan departments make for simple pre-approvals and quick processing, so you can move in without stress or delay.
You’ll feel right at home
There’s a good chance that – at a hometown bank – everybody knows your name. You can put your trust in them to responsibly manage your finances because their goal is to go beyond the traditional business transactions found at big banks, and actually get to know you as a human being.
Watch our customer reviews
Find a bank who is dedicated to providing the same experienced, professional level of customer service as national institutions. We even take a step further by actively analyzing your financial situation and goals, ensuring you have the appropriate set of products and services. Our staff is encouraged to only make a recommendation with your best interest at heart (It must do one of the following: Make or save you money, save you time, or help you reach a goal.)
As a local bank, we strongly believe in partnering with our customers to create strong and lasting relationships built on trust. When you step into a branch, we never want you to feel pressured or anonymous. It’s important that you feel comfortable and part of the family, so you’re able to make the best decisions when it comes to managing their money.
You’ll help make a difference
Community banks are proud of the towns in which they work and live, and care about fostering a safe, positive environment for all. By opening a checking account or getting a loan through your hometown bank, you’re not only supporting the local economy and creating new jobs, but also strengthening the community.
When considering a bank, pay attention to the good causes and organizations they partner with throughout the year, these may include:
- Contributing to causes centered around the brave men and women of our armed forces, including veterans currently living on the street
- Volunteering to donate food, blood and other emergency supplies to families in need
- Partnering with charitable giving programs that provide new clothing and toys to children during the holiday season
- Educating members of the community who wish to learn more about, and improve their financial fitness
Banking locally allows you to have access to most, if not all of the same technologies that larger banks offer. The main difference is that local banks get to know their customers on a more personal level, enabling them to tailor their products in a way that supports more individualized needs.
*Money Market Checking accounts are not eligible to use Apple Pay.