The Perks of Using the “Bank Next Door”
There are several benefits to using a hometown bank for your financial and mortgage needs. While larger conglomerates often gain trust by having a household name, bigger is not always better.
Small banks invest in the community, help the local economy, and provide personalized, money-saving products. They’re convenient and friendly and treat their customers as more than just numbers.
You’ll Save Time and Money
Bank fees and hidden charges are hard to find at community banks. Why? They want to build relationships with you and help you reach your goals, not just take your money.
Local banks are dedicated to simplifying your life so you can spend more time doing what matters. For example, at NASB:
- Our Online and Mobile Banking offers free services like Mobile Check Deposit and Digital Wallet (i.e., Apple, Google, and Samsung Pay1) with any checking account.
- We offer free protection against debit card fraud every day. Our banking customers can use over 24,000 MoneyPass ATMs without any extra fees.
- If you open our Prosper or Thrive checking account, you can choose from money-saving offers and security benefits through our NASB Plus app, including cell phone protection, personal identity theft restoration benefits, roadside assistance, and discounts to local and national retailers.2
You’ll Feel Right at Home
Hometown banks want to do more than just regular bank transactions. They want to get to know you as a person and earn your trust to handle your money.
At NASB, we carefully assess your finances and goals to provide the right products and services. We encourage our staff to make recommendations with your best interest at heart. It must do one of the following: make or save you money, save you time, or help you reach a goal.
As a local bank, we believe in partnering with customers to build solid and lasting relationships based on trust. We never want you to feel pressured or anonymous when you step into a branch. Feeling comfortable and part of the family helps you make good decisions about managing your money.
You’ll Help Make a Difference
Community banks are proud of the towns where they work and live and value fostering a safe, positive environment for all. Using a local bank helps the local economy, creates jobs, and strengthens the community.
When choosing a bank, look at the charities and groups they support, including:
- Volunteering to donate food, blood, and other emergency supplies to needy families.
- Partnering with charitable giving programs that provide new clothing and toys to children during the holiday season.
- Educating community members who wish to learn more about and improve their financial fitness.
Banking locally allows you to access most, if not all, of the same technologies that larger banks offer. Local banks know their customers well and can customize their products to meet individual needs.
If you want to learn more about NASB, stop into one of our 10 Kansas City area branches.
1Money Market Checking accounts are not eligible for use with Digital Wallet.
2Cell phone protection and personal identity theft benefits are subject to additional terms and conditions. Participating merchants on BaZing are not sponsors of the program, are subject to change without notice, may not be available in all regions, and may choose to limit deals. Insurance products are NOT A DEPOSIT. NOT FDIC INSURED. NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY. NOT GUARANTEED BY NASB.