Getting home purchasing advice can come from a variety of sources, from videos and webinars to blogs and eBooks . Another popular medium that serves up great home buying content is podcasts. If you’re new to the podcast world, podcasts are like a radio show you can download and listen to for free on your portable device. You just need to have an app to play them through (iTunes and Google Play Music being the most common). The number of podcasts grows daily, with over 660,000 shows now available according to Podcast Insights .
Here are five of the best podcasts we found to help you with your home purchasing decisions:
- Real Estate Today . Forbes magazine said this podcast is worth a spin if you’re looking for tips on home buying. Hosted by Stephen Gasque in conjunction with the National Association of Realtors, Real Estate Today is for both buyers and sellers, offering credible information on everything from buying overseas to how to increase the value of your home. Here’s an episode entitled Ten Ways to Increase the Value of Your Home .
- The BiggerPockets Real Estate Investing Podcast . Presented by BiggerPockets, an online resource for real estate investing, this podcast provides advice from investors and other real estate professionals every week. They say their podcast will give you “real strategies that work for real people.” One to check out is “How to Buy Your First (or Next) Property by the End of the Year” .
- Homebuyer’s School . Homebuyer's School is where new and seasoned homebuyers get the latest strategies and tips, so they are better prepared when making their next home purchase. The shows are short (averaging about six minutes) but answer some common questions. We chose “What's included in the closing costs when buying a new home?” as one to listen to.
- Home Buying & Selling 101 . Realtor Mark Schreier shows you the ins and outs of selling or purchasing your home, from the day you list or start your search, to closing. Like Homebuyer’s School, the episodes are short but to the point. This recent episode Mark explains the appraisal process, called Thinking of Selling Your House? You Have to Sell It Twice .
- For Home Buyers and Sellers . Host Lance Mohr says his podcast is intended to “provide home buyers and home sellers with helpful tips and advice regarding the home buying process and the home selling process.” You’ll learn everything from how to choose the right realtor to how to buy a house with no money down. Here’s one that gives advice any seller can use: How to Sell Your House Fast & For More Money .
These five podcasts represent a wealth of information you can use to help you buy or sell a house, and there are more available beyond this list. NASB’s Matt Allen, a nationally-recognized speaker, and author, appeared on a podcast discussing the subject of IRA non-recourse loans . You can hear it here .
Disclaimer - The information provided in these blogs is for general purposes only. Please note that you should always independently verify any and all information while carefully considering your own personal and financial situation. The inclusion of links from this site does not imply endorsement or support of any of the linked information, services, products, or providers. NASB makes no effort to verify, or to exert any editorial control or influence over, information on pages outside of the www.nasb.com domain.