Fraud can hit anytime… but you’re protected.
You may not know it, but you have round-the-clock protection against the increasingly savvy perpetrators of card fraud. That’s because the cards we issue are protected by FraudWatch PLUS.
With FraudWatch PLUS:
- Trained analysts watch for suspicious transaction activity on your behalf, 24 x 7, 365 days a year.
- You will be contacted immediately by an experienced fraud analyst to verify the authenticity of your card transactions, if warranted.
So if you ever get a call from “Fraud Prevention Services”, know that our people are doing their job and preventing potential misuse of your card.
Fraud is serious business, and can hit anytime. That is why we are working to detect and prevent fraud from happening to you.
- Fraud is unauthorized use of a card or identity by a third party.
- Obtaining services, merchandise, credit, or funds through misrepresentation of identity or information.
- A representative from Fraud Prevention Services will call you immediately on behalf of NASB to verify recent activity on your account. The representative will only attempt to contact the cardholder directly between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Central Standard Time.
- Potential Fraud Alerted – FraudWatch PLUS generates an alert, suggesting potential fraud. Fraud Prevention Services reviews the transaction(s).
- Fraud Verified – If the transaction appears to be fraud, an analyst attempts to contact the cardholder directly between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. If the cardholder is not reached, an email is sent to NASB. Please Note: Fraud Prevention Services WILL NOT leave a message if you miss their call and your name is not included in your voicemail.
- Fraud Acted Upon – The confirmed fraud is handled, with possible actions including card blocking and reissue, and chargebacks are initiated.
- NASB Notified of Fraud Actions
- Round-the-clock protection against the increasingly savvy perpetrators of fraud
- Experienced & trained analysts that watch for suspicious activity on your behalf
- Immediate notification when fraud is ever suspected – If you receive a call from “Fraud Prevention Services” on behalf of NASB, know that they are preventing potential fraudulent use of your card by verifying the authenticity of your transactions
- If the cardholder is NOT reached, Fraud Prevention Services WILL NOT leave a message if you miss their call and your name is not included in your voicemail.
- The ability to use your card may be interrupted if Fraud Prevention Services cannot reach you to validate authenticity of your transactions.
- If potential fraud is detected, your debit card may be temporarily deactivated. Your card will remain deactivated until Fraud Prevention Services is able to get in touch with you.
- Potentially high-risk transactions may be declined at the point of authorization.
- Patterns of activity outside the norm for a cardholder
- High-risk transactions
- Combinations of activity that mirror known fraud patterns
Whether asking for information or questioning whether information is correct, you will never be asked to give enough information to compromise your account.
To call toll free, dial 866-842-5208. If you will be calling from out of the country, the collect number is 701-461-2551
- Sign in to Online Banking as usual from nasb.com
- Click the Profile icon in the upper right corner
- Select Change Address and Phone Number to update your phone preferences.
- To update your email address, please select Change Email Address
- Click Update to submit your changes